Friday 22 June 2018

BLUES NIGHT's trip to London

So it seems that I brought upon this blog the evil Curse of the Promised Post. I did type out what I wanted to communicate to the universe about the various Italian restaurants we visited on the tour, but when it was finished I couldn’t bring myself to post it. Not because it was shit and boring (it was, but that has never stopped me before), but because the retrospective angle just made it seem really irrelevant.

The tour came to an end three months ago now, and the big question we were asking got its answer. Whether that was the right answer or not still isn’t quite clear. The blog isn’t about driving around in a weird little motorhome anymore, but about opening a weird little record shop. We’ve slowly but surely sorted this and that, dickered with builders and plasterers and painters, and the shop is going to be ready for business some time this summer. Mine ears have heard the glory of the compact audio cassette for the first time in decades, and I have enthusiastically embraced this extra element of my emerging empire.


Then I was invited back to London to play some records on an Internet radio station. So I got in Vanny, and drove the hundreds of miles to my destination, where I parked up and proceeded to get heroically drunk. The results can be heard here.

No comments:

Post a Comment